Monday, July 21, 2014

Goals...

Hello my fellow artists, writers, thinkers and dreamers...

I am going to set some goals for myself. Could you help me to keep them? Any small thing would be awesome. A little note here and there... especially if I miss something.

Goal #1: WRITE 500-1000 words daily. That's not much. By the time I am finished with this blog I will have satisfied todays requirement. If I do not fulfill the daily requirement... well let's just say that there have been consequences that have been set up. Consequences that involve tickling. I hate being tickled.

Goal #2: READ. I have been given homework from a great writer friend of mine, Michael Leath. Please check him out at www.michaelleath.com. These are the books he would like me to read and understand for the betterment of my mind and craft:

---THE MARSHAL PLAN FOR NOVEL WRITING by Evan Marshal
---WIRED FOR STORY by Lisa Cron
---WIRED FOR FICTION by Donald Maass

Goal #3: An easy one... keep READING. I've read a about Eight romance novels (it's for research... really!) and about a dozen comics from Aspen Comics just in July. Plus I just received my first Fireword Quarterly Magazine a few days ago and have been pouring over the fantastic short stories there. So... this is the easy Goal.

Goal #4: Take my reading to the next step by REVIEWING. I got this idea from the author John Green. I am sure others do it as well. TUESDAY REVIEWS-DAY. Every Tuesday I will review the works of writers I know... and I know a good handful. I have read such horribly written... not horrible reviews... actual published reviews that lacked any substance. I will start on one tonight to post tomorrow. Not sure what I will review though...

Goal #5: Take steps to bring my novel to the next level. I am not sure what that is but if you have the name of a good line or developmental editor, please leave their name and contact info below. I'm shopping around.

Five Goals.

I can keep Five goals... especially with your help.

Aloha,

Pili

PS... please follow the links for Aspen Comics, Firewords Quarterly and Michael Leath. All hold wondrous worlds of imagination and creativity.


No comments:

Post a Comment